Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Forthcoming book and cholesterol good news!


Hi Everyone

Sorry it has taken me so long to update on here.

The good news is that I'm hard at work on my little book - a mere 25 pages of life enhancing goodies.  (I was shopping today and saw a contemporary of mine that I hadn't seen in about 23 years!  She did NOT recognise me, ha ha, but I recognised her.  It helped me a lot to see that person again and to establish just how much I had journeyed with regards to my health - or to put it another way - to see how much older she looked than me !!!)

With that in mind, I will be emphasising in the book, how beneficial it is to reduce the ageing process, not only from the aesthetic point of view, but for physical strength, stamina and enthusiasm.  Life is only amazing if you have the energy to jump on the ride.  

Remember ppl, inflammation produces that horrible C-reactive protein that is implicated/responsible for so many quite awful health problems e.g. heart disease.

On the topic of improving my stakes on the heart disease front, part of the green smoothies deal was to lower my cholesterol.

Well, guess what, the nurse at the surgery took a reading about 3 weeks ago, before I went on holiday, and told me it was now an astonishing 3.3 !!!!!!!!

How amazing is that?  I am so pleased that my experiment worked.

Remember: beta glucans have been proven to reduce cholesterol, and ALL plant cellulose is beta glucan.

I'm so excited about this book, which will contain the recipe for both health smoothies that will change people's lives, for sure.

Of course, what about alcoholics and other such hedonistic types who will probably also dip into this type of book, and maybe make the odd green smoothie, as a way of continuing their alcoholic consumption, rather than as a route to recovery?  

I've decided I have to accept that some people want to live exactly as they have been e.g. doing the bad stuff.  However, my view on that is, even if your problem is so bad that you drink a bottle of whiskey a day (not recommended for anyone), I believe even those people can be helped by the odd green smoothie.

It makes you think about that famous footballer who had a liver transplant, just so he could drink again... tut tut.

The trouble with rampant alcohol abuse, is that the pancreas is being killed off, as well as the liver.  The amazing thing about green smoothies tho', is that they help your pancreas in inestimable ways.

So some help, for those that won't be helped, is in my view, better than no help at all??

So very glad my cholesterol came down from 5.8 yo 3.3 in less than 6 months on one glass of green smoothie a day, because I really mean this: NO ONE will ever convince me to take a statin - EVER - so glad I won't ever have to now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for commenting on my blog posts. The internet is a dangerous place, so I hope you dont mind but I have to check you're not a hater first - thank you!